- Connect to a login machine.
- Open a command prompt window.
- Windows only:
Register your password with the scheduler:
- Linux only:
The scheduler must be allowed to launch jobs with your userid. To enable this, run
a script which will add a required public key to your authorized_keys file, set permissions,
and create a file required to run MPI.
The script is described in detail in this document:
- Prepare an xml file to specify your job requirements.
- Prepare your script or executable to run your programs.
- Submit your job:
vsched -submit job_name.xml
- Once your job has been submitted to the queue, you can:
- Wait for your job to finish
- View the queue:
- Cancel your job:
vsched -c <JobID>
- Log into the node where your job is running to
either see that the job is running properly, or to issue commands.
Full details and an example of the procedure can be found here: